Wednesday, June 22, 2016

He Leads Me

   I suppose there are a lot of people who wander through life often wondering, as I have, how they came to find themselves in their particular circumstances. How do good people sometimes end up in bad places? I used to say that if I were left to my own devices, every day would be a good and happy day. Forever the optimist, I realized that other people played a major factor in how my day turned out. But still I wondered why I seemed to go 'against the grain' of most of my surroundings. The obvious reason, I surmised at a young age, was that I didn't chase the almighty dollar as hard as many do. But now I'm beginning to understand that it has been something much deeper than that. It has been more the fact that I value human life and existence above money and the things it enables us to acquire. My Lord and Savior graciously made me as I am and has attempted to lead me every day of my life since. The trouble I and a lot of others have seen has been when the will of mankind has interfered with the will of God, and led us elsewhere.
   Since coming to this awareness, I have made it a point of only going where God sends me each day.  Sometimes that still leads me 'against the grain' and makes me stand out, but so be it. As He leads me, I'm sure He attempts to lead others around me also. However, when this fails and I am not accepted, I am learning to more easily shake that dust from my sandals and move on, for there is always work to be done.