Thursday, June 16, 2016

Too Much Credit

   It would appear that I have been given too much personal credit. No, I do not refer to my financial credit score, but rather to the credit mistakenly given to me by some when their well laid plans go awry. Not everything is my fault. The funny thing is that I often feel as though I have pretty much stumbled my way through this life in much the same way as the character Forrest Gump did in the movie of the same name, without much direction, yet a person of the times regardless. Again, like Forrest, my mere presence at certain times and events in the history of life does not make me solely responsible for each and every outcome that arises from an event. Indeed, I can tell you that I have tried on occasion to change the course of some things, only to be shown how powerless I am.
   However, I have learned that those things that I truly give up to God, He does wonderful work with. He has the power and ability to move the obstacles that I cannot even see before me. He demolishes walls that I previously struggled to cut a window into in my sometimes feeble attempts to shed light into darkness. I find that I am now content to move through my life with Him in charge, for my trust in the Lord's ways is reflected back to me in the security of His love.